Friday, February 19, 2010

Vitamin C Can Rapidshare What Happens When Vitamin C Is Added To An Iodine And Starch Solution?

What happens when Vitamin C is added to an iodine and starch solution? - vitamin c can rapidshare

It is a 10 degree High School Chemistry Question:)

As you know, is one of the starch-iodine solution and an aqueous solution of a dark purple / black. But if one vitamin C in the solution, what happens? Can I have a long explanation for me? Tomorrow, I'm an experiment to test the vitamin C content in various substances, but all that is you now know, happen.

1 comments:

Paul B said...

Vitamin C reacts with iodine:

C6H8O6 + I2 ==> C6H6O6 + 2H + + 2 I --

You can use the iodine titration to determine the concentration of vitamin C. As the ratio of the reaction is 1:1, the vitamin moles I2 = mol at the end, so that the concentration of (M) x volume are also equal. The reasoning is a bit like acid-base, which could be achieved.

The starch suspension is a dark blue on a little complicated (near a solution to the solid state) with I2, as to act so as the indicator.

Post a Comment